Locating & Filtering involves using appropriate methods and resources in order to find desired information. While rapidly advancing technology makes information access easier, the process of actually pinpointing what is needed is made more difficult due to information overload. Therefore, it is vital that teachers and students master the digital literacies of Locating & Filtering.
Information & Communication Technologies (ICTs)
- Google | http://www.google.com
- Wolfram|Alpha | http://www.wolframalpha.com
- Boolify | http://www.boolify.org
- Lesson Plans/Ideas: Boolify Lessons
- Wikipedia | http://www.wikipedia.org
- Google Scohlar | http://scholar.google.com
- Zotero | http://www.zotero.org
- Diigo | http://www.diigo.com
*Detailed classroom integration strategies and web tool descriptions are included in Dustin Summey’s new book, Developing Digital Literacies: A Framework for Professional Learning. Click here to learn more and buy online.